The TSFM500-DC is shown in a typical spring testing application,
with Series CG digital force gauge and compression plate
The TSFM500H-DC is shown set up for a tensile test, with Series
CG digital force gauge and wedge grips
View Spec Cart Dimensions
The TSFM500-DC is an advanced motorized test stand offering all the mechanical specifications of the TSFM500. The test stand is designed for compression and tension testing of springs, packaging, metals, fabrics, and other items requiring up to 500 lbF of force. Generous clearance and throat depth accommodate a broad range of sample shapes and sizes. The TSFM500-DC’s durable and rigid column minimizes bend, making it particularly well suited for precision spring testing. Other features include a manual fine adjustment knob and a stepper motor that prevents speed variation with load, making testing precise and repeatable.
The TSFM500-DC’s controller adds a significant amount of sophistication, including an extended speed range, PC control capability, programmable cycling, auto return, overload protection, and other features.
- Maximum force: 500 lb [2200 N]
- Maximum travel: 4” [102 mm]
- Speed range: 0.01 - 6 in/min [0.2 - 150 mm/min]
- Speed accuracy: ±0.2% of setting, ±0% variation with load
- Limit switch repeatability: ±0.001” [0.03 mm]
- Universal power supply: 80-250 VAC
- Remote controller
- Mounting holes for bench mounting
- Base may be removed for alternative mounting
- Removable loading plate with 25 #10-32 threaded holes for fixture mounting
- CE mark
An RS-232 port is provided to interface with a PC. The ESM-DC accepts a number
of commands pertaining to test stand motion and force gauge functions*. The
following additional items are required for PC control:
- - Series BG force gauge
- - 09-1056 serial cable (see Optional Equipment)
- - 09-1143 multi-function cable (see Optional Equipment)
Protects a force gauge against overload (requires a Series BG force gauge and
09-1143 multi-function cable). The user programs the desired percentage of full
scale of the gauge. Adjustable analog output voltage setting allows the test stand
to interface with virtually any force gauge with analog output.
The crosshead moves to a limit switch or force set point (requires a Series BG
force gauge), stops, and reverses direction at maximum speed to the other limit
switch or set point.
Cycling / Dwel Time
The crosshead moves up and down between limit switches or force set points
(requires a Series BG force gauge). Configurable up to 99,999 cycles. Dwell time
allows the operator to program the amount of time, up to 9,999.9 seconds, in 0.1
second intervals, for which the crosshead pauses at limits.
Programmable UP / DOWN Button Functions
UP and DOWN button operation can be configured in three user-configurable
modes: Maintained: a short push produces continuous motion until STOP is
pressed, Momentary: crosshead moves only while the button is pressed, and
Auto: short push produces maintained motion, while holding down the button will
produce momentary motion.
Independent Up and Down Speeds
Programmable independent speeds for up and down directions
Selectable speed units of measurement (in/min & mm/min)
Prevents unauthorized changes to test parameters
* Contains no integrated travel measurement. Travel information available only through the external ESM001 digital travel display, requiring an additional serial port on the PC. For an integrated solution with full PC control, including travel distance, see test stand model ESM301.
||500 lb [2200 N]
||4” [102 mm]
||range: 0.01 - 6 in/min [0.2 - 150 mm/min]
||±0.2% of setting, ±0% variation with load
|Limit switch repeatability
|| ±0.001” [0.03 mm]
|Universal power supply
||Mounting holes for bench mounting
||Removable base plate with 25 #10-32 threaded holes for fixture mounting
||Base may be removed for alternative mounting