View Spec Cart
The ESM-DC is an advanced motorized test stand offering all the mechanical specifications of the ESM. The stand has a capacity of 200 lbF, and is configurable in many positions to accommodate a wide variety of sample shapes and sizes. A manual fine adjustment knob allows for fine positioning of the crosshead position, and a stepper motor prevents speed variation with load, making testing more precise and repeatable.
The ESM-DCs controller adds a significant amount of sophistication, including an extended speed range, PC control capability, programmable cycling, auto return, overload protection, and other features.
- Maximum force: 200 lb [1kN]
- Maximum travel: 13? [330 mm]
- Speed range: 0.02 - 36 in/min [0.5 - 900 mm/min]
- Speed accuracy: ±0.2% of setting, ±0% variation with load
- Universal power supply: 80-250 VAC
- Remote controller
- Manual travel knob
- Mounting holes for bench mounting
- Removable base plate with 25 #10-32 threaded holes for fixture mounting
- Base may be removed for alternative mounting
- CE mark
An RS-232 port is provided to interface with a PC. The ESM-DC accepts a number
of commands pertaining to test stand motion and force gauge functions*. The
following additional items are required for PC control:
- - Series BG force gauge
- - 09-1056 serial cable (see Optional Equipment)
- - 09-1143 multi-function cable (see Optional Equipment)
Protects a force gauge against overload (requires a Series BG force gauge and
09-1143 multi-function cable). The user programs the desired percentage of full
scale of the gauge. Adjustable analog output voltage setting allows the test stand
to interface with virtually any force gauge with analog output.
The crosshead moves to a limit switch or force set point (requires a Series BG
force gauge), stops, and reverses direction at maximum speed to the other limit
switch or set point.
Cycling / Dwel Time
The crosshead moves up and down between limit switches or force set points
(requires a Series BG force gauge). Configurable up to 99,999 cycles. Dwell time
allows the operator to program the amount of time, up to 9,999.9 seconds, in 0.1
second intervals, for which the crosshead pauses at limits.
Programmable UP / DOWN Button Functions
UP and DOWN button operation can be configured in three user-configurable
modes: Maintained: a short push produces continuous motion until STOP is
pressed, Momentary: crosshead moves only while the button is pressed, and
Auto: short push produces maintained motion, while holding down the button will
produce momentary motion.
Independent Up and Down Speeds
Programmable independent speeds for up and down directions
Selectable speed units of measurement (in/min & mm/min)
Prevents unauthorized changes to test parameters
* Contains no integrated travel measurement. Travel information available only through the external ESM001 digital travel display, requiring an additional serial port on the PC. For an integrated solution with full PC control, including travel distance, see test stand model ESM301.
||200 lb [1kN]
||13? [330 mm]
||0.02 - 36 in/min [0.5 - 900 mm/min]
||±0.2% of setting, ±0% variation with load
|Universal power supply
||Manual travel knob
||Mounting holes for bench mounting
|Data Sampling Rate
||Removable base plate with 25 #10-32 threaded holes for fixture mounting
||Base may be removed for alternative mounting