The EDXtreme Crane Scale offers accurate repeatable readings which are essential to correct weighing. The higher standards set for the EDX Crane Scales meant taking the time to ensure that material characteristics, load element design and strain gauge meshed perfectly. The result of that effort is a typical accuracy of 0.1% of full scale capacity. The enhanced resolution mode of 1 part in 5,000 provides the level of readability needed for refined weighing.
Building a precision instrument that can survive real world punishment requires masterful engineering. This is where Dillons experience shines through. The engineers assigned to the EDX Crane Scale drew on a depth of industrial application knowledge and conducted exhaustive materials testing to achieve the highest structural integrity.
EDXtreme Crane Scales are made up of two parts, an EDXtreme Dynamometer and the associated crane scale hardware kit which includes the following: a swivel hook, oversized shackle assembly & a wooden shipping/storage crate.
Guesswork is not acceptable – failure is not an option. When you have people working around high tension cables and massive loads, there is no room for error. You have to have complete confidence in the strength and the accuracy of your measurement tools.
- Dramatically improved battery life in the EDXtreme link
- Dramatically improved radio communications distance
- High speed Peak Capture 10/100/1,000 Hz
- Improved backlight intensity
- Lift and store of weight / force
- Date and time
- Continuous data storage
- Re-calibration reminder
- Can communicate with two Communicators via radio
- Overload at 120% with date and time record
Uncompromising on safety and adaptable to the need
- Sturdy aircraft-quality aluminum (shown) or alloy steel on high-capacity models
- High-resolution dot-matrix LCD display offers large numbers without confusing abbreviations or multipliers
- Injection molded, thick Lexan panels offer superior impact protection
- Softkey interface allows easy and intuitive operation and configuration
- NEMA 4X / IP55 designed for weather and water resistance
- Rounded ends reduce weight and prevent binding and snagging with rigging
- Popular industry-standard shackles insure proper fit
The EDXtreme exemplifies the trademark precision and rugged construction of Dillon dynamometers. Its highly refined design draws on the inherent strengths of premium-grade materials to achieve a 5:1 minimum factor of safety.*
* Models with 75 T/160,000 lb or higher capacity feature a 4:1 safety factor and 0.3% accuracy.
While the EDXtreme may be configured for something as simple as a digital hanging scale, it offers a higher level of intelligence. With user-defined functions and sophisticated communication options, the EDXtreme readily adapts to multi-tasking operations or multi-link systems capable of monitoring a series of critical stress points from a single location — it is the definition of application versatility.
The EDXtreme Crane scale is well suited for applications that are looking for high-accuracy, remote display, networking and hook at an affordable cost. Resolution can be toggled from 1,000 divisions (standard) to 5,000 divisions (enhanced) by the operator. The EDXtreme will talk to a Communicator handheld display. The price includes a dynamometer, standard upper shackle, basic swivel hook (non-swivel hook for 55,000lb - 25000Kg), user manual, 2 C cell batteries, calibration certificate and a wooden shipping crate.