EDXtreme Dynamometer - Lifting the bar in electronic dynamometers
Guesswork is not acceptable – failure is not an option. When you have people working around high tension cables and massive loads, there is no room for error. You have to have complete confidence in the strength and the accuracy of your measurement tools.
Since 1937, Dillon Dynamometers have been chosen for the jobs where only the best will do. Now, Dillon has once again lifted the performance bar and set the standard for others to follow.
- Dramatically improved battery life in the EDXtreme link
- Dramatically improved radio communications distance
- High speed Peak Capture 10/100/1,000 Hz
- Improved backlight intensity
- Lift and store of weight / force
- Date and time
- Continuous data storage
- Re-calibration reminder
- Can communicate with two Communicators via radio
- Overload at 120% with date and time record
Uncompromising on safety and adaptable to the need
- Sturdy aircraft-quality aluminum (shown) or alloy steel on high-capacity models
- High-resolution dot-matrix LCD display offers large numbers without confusing abbreviations or multipliers
- Injection molded, thick Lexan panels offer superior impact protection
- Softkey interface allows easy and intuitive operation and configuration
- NEMA 4X / IP55 designed for weather and water resistance
- Rounded ends reduce weight and prevent binding and snagging with rigging
- Popular industry-standard shackles insure proper fit
The EDXtreme exemplifies the trademark precision and rugged construction of Dillon dynamometers. Its highly refined design draws on the inherent strengths of premium-grade materials to achieve a 5:1 minimum factor of safety.*
* Models with 75 T/160,000 lb or higher capacity feature a 4:1 safety factor and 0.3% accuracy.
While the EDXtreme may be configured for something as simple as a digital hanging scale, it offers a higher level of intelligence. With user-defined functions and sophisticated communication options, the EDXtreme readily adapts to multi-tasking operations or multi-link systems capable of monitoring a series of critical stress points from a single location — it is the definition of application versatility.
For the toughest jobs you face
Building a precision instrument that can survive real-world punishment requires masterful engineering. This is where Dillon’s experience shines through. The engineers assigned to the EDXtreme drew on a depth of industrial application knowledge and conducted exhaustive materials testing to achieve the highest structural integrity.
- Superior strength and corrosion resistance – High capacity models are constructed of powder coated aircraft-quality alloy steel. Lower capacity models are powder coated aircraft-quality aluminum.
- 5:1 factor of safety* – This measure of strength and safety is maintained at all capacities. Computer modeling confirms the low stress and long product life that is inherent in the EDXtreme design.
- Retained hardware – Allows permanent attachment of centering spacers, which eliminates fumbling during high capacity rigging.
- NEMA 4X/IP55 – The EDXtreme is clearly the choice for reliability in any environment – in-plant or out on the job site
Xtreme accuracy: 0.1%
High resolution and accurate repeatable readings are essential to proper weighing. The higher standards set for the EDXtreme meant taking the time to ensure that material characteristics, load element design and strain gage meshed perfectly. The result of that effort is a typical accuracy of 0.1% of full scale capacity*. The enhanced resolution mode of 1 part in 5000 provides the level of readability needed for refined weighing.
* Models with 75 T/160,000 lb or higher capacity feature a 4:1 safety factor and 0.3% accuracy
- Exclusive SOFTKEY interface – Dillon has eliminated confusing menus for faster setup and simple operation. In addition to lbf, kgf and Newtons, programmable functions can correct for gravitational variations and allow the use of custom units of measurement
- Wide-angle, backlit LCD – Provides improved readability over a wider viewing angle and has backlighting for low light conditions.
- Battery operation – The EDXtreme is powered by two standard C-cell batteries. Batteries are easily accessible for fast replacement.
A basic stand-alone model can be easily upgraded “in-the-field” to accommodate changing needs. Remote configuration, data acquisition and single point monitoring of multiple links are all possible with the hardwired or radio communication options available with the EDXtreme. An RS-232 interface is standard on both the EDXtreme and Communicator for connection to a host PC.
- Stand-alone EDx for direct measurement applications
- Single network with one EDx radio dynamometer and Communicator.
- Single network with multiple EDx dynamometers and one Communicator. The Communicator monitors the load at each scale, plus the total weight.
- Single network with two, three or four Communicators.
- Multiple networks with multiple EDx dynamometers and Communicators.
Communications unlock the full potential of the EDXtreme
One of the foremost reasons for choosing an electronic dynamometer is added functionality. The radio or hardwired options available with the EDXtreme offer the convenience and safety of remote operation. Additionally, data from the dynamometer(s) can be downloaded to a PC via an RS-232 connection for compilation and analysis or to generate hard-copy printouts.
Remote control and radio communications are not new to the Dillon product line. In fact, it is the depth of Dillon’s experience in this area that led to meaningful innovations in the design of the EDXtreme and its optional remote Communicator.
Improved radio performance - Unlike the many products on the market today, the EDXtreme radio dynamometer utilizes leading-edge 2.4Ghz radio frequency technology to eliminate common interference issues. This spread spectrum technology will establish and maintain the strongest, most reliable communications.
Dynamic monitoring and control - The optional Communicator is an extremely powerful hand-held remote that can define the function and manage the operation of one or more EDXtreme dynamometers using wired or radio technologies. Through the programmable SOFTKEY interface, one or more Communicators can monitor multiple dynamometers within the same airspace. In multiple-link lifting arrays, the Communicator can display readings at any or all lift points and calculate the total load.
Dillon on the job - Dillon force measurement equipment is the preferred choice of public utilities, nuclear facilities, tower erectors, armed services and material handlers throughout the world. In addition to the EDXtreme, Dillon’s electronic line includes the EDjunior, an exceptional value for basic applications. Dillon also manufactures crane scales, high accuracy mechanical dynamometers and overload protection devices.