The Future Called and Wants to Know if You’re EMR Compliant.
Being EMR compliant means having automatic transmission and measurement of weight and height, and calculation of BMI (body mass index). Those who are not compliant by 2018 will lose federal subsidies and be penalized with diminished Medicare and Medicaid payments.
Health o meter® Professional Scales has the solution. A simple and easy way to become compliant is with Elevate, the Health o meter® EMRscale™.
The Elevate EMRscale™ automatically calculates, displays and transmits height, weight and BMI. These measurements are then instantly loaded into the practitioner’s proprietary EMR/EHR system through the industry leading vital signs monitor. There is no manual entry or calculation of height, weight or BMI which is what makes the scale EMR/EHR compliant. It’s a fast and simple way to meet the meaningful use criteria as well as improve workflow and ensure accuracy.
To help practitioners become EMR compliant and meet meaningful use criteria, Health o meter Professional developed the Elevate EMRscale. The Elevate EMRscale is the only scale on the market that is both EMR connected and compliant.
Elevate not only electronically gathers height, weight and BMI, but it also transmits those measurements into EMR/EHR systems through Welch Allyn Vital Signs LXi or Welch Allyn Connex Vital Signs monitors.
Elevate's connectivity with the Welch Allyn Vital Signs LXi or Welch Allyn Connex Vital Signs monitors allows the EMR system to accept the scale's data, for those EMR systems that have written an interface to these Welch Allyn devices.
This automatic transmission of the data into the EMR/EHR system helps practitioners comply with the HITECH Act's regulation that height, weight and BMI must be electronically stored in a patient's health record.
Elevate by Health O Meter delivers the functionality demanded by health care professionals.
Eliminates hassle and risk
Eliminates hassle and risk by digitally calculating and transmitting weight, height and BMI
Fast and simple digital height rod (patent pending) speeds process
Keeps focus on the patient
Hold/Release function allows medical professional to stay focused on patient
Eliminates prescription errors
LB/KG lockout features eliminates the possibility of RX errors
Welch Allyn Connex Kit features:
- Connex (USB) Connectivity Adapter; includes 1 ft (0.31 m) USB Cable
- (connects scale to adapter), 6.6 ft (2 m) USB Cable (connects adapter to device)
- User instructions
Welch Allyn Vital Signs LXi Kit features:
- LXi (RS-232) Connectivity Adapter; includes 1 ft (0.31 m) USB cable
- (connects scale to adapter) and 5 ft (1.5 m) D-Sub cable (connects LXi to adapter)
- User instructions
- Capacity: 600 lb / 272 kg
- Power Requirements: 120-240V AC – 6V DC 50-60Hz, Adapter Model ADPT50 (INCLUDED), or 6 C-cell 1.5V batteries (not included).
- Resolution: 0.2 lb / 0.1 kg
- EMR connectivity via USB
- 1" LCD display, 35 degree left / right swivel (350 degree with height rod fully retracted) for ease of viewing
- Platform Size: 2-1/2" (h) 14-3/4" (w) x 14-11/16" (d)
- Digital Height Rod: 28" - 88" / 61 cm - 223cm
- (2) Wheels for ease of movement
- Environmental: Operating Temperature: 50°F to 104°F / 10°C to 40° C
- Storage Temperature: 30°F to 125°F (-1°C to +52°C)
- Maximum Humidity: 85% RH in use or in storage
- 2 Year Limited Warranty
- Platform Dimensions: 14-¾” x 14-11/16” x 2 ¼” / 37.5cm x 37.3cm x 5.7cm
- Assembled Dimensions: 14-¾” x 22-11/16” x 54-¼”
(37.5cm x 57.6cm x 137.8cm)
- Owner`s Manual